Sunday, March 18, 2007

Giving Lip(ski)

Avi’s back...
Man, sometimes I hate my degree. On Tuesday in class we spent three hours walking around the space embodying colours. I'm not fucking joking. "How does it feel to be indigo?" she said. I don't know, bitch, how does it feel to be a wanky hippie new-age Feldenkrais practitioner with no sense of humour? I don't WANT to be indigo, or orange, or turquoise, or a chameleon, or a school of fish, OR EVEN A FUCKING ACTOR FOR THAT MATTER - please, please, can't we all just sit down and have a nice conversation on the importance of Stanislavski?

Good idea.

After a month behind the sound desk of Homebody/Kabul, Avi lets rip in a typically literate purge.

There’s a whole lot more at The rest is just commentary.

Also on the rec. reading list for the day is Alison Croggon, who is absolutely on top of her game in this triple-header review. She does this, time after time... works stuff out from first principles. I mean, cop this for an aside:
A pulp novelist writes a story about a murder mystery that reveals the human search for order and meaning in a godless universe; a literary novelist will write a novel about the human search for order and meaning in a godless universe, using the shape of the detective novel as a device. As a result, very few escape the odour of slumming it.
I dips me lid...

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog tops results for the keyword 'ULANOVA' ... at blogsearch.sg informative post

3:46 PM  
Blogger genevieve said...

Hehe, it's not unlike that great line in Cosi where Aden Young freaks out the performers from the asylum by asking them 'what kind of animal are you?' Indigo is a kind of child these days, I believe.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Avi said...

Oh gosh - I actually blushed while reading that back to myself. And I never blush...

I blame the verbosity it on Kushner - Chris, could you imagine having to sit through that play night after night for 3 weeks with 15 minutes between cues?! (I never did get to read your review of it so I don't know what you thought...)

The swearing...well...I'm afraid I have no-one to blame there but myself. My parents don't know what to do with me.

Thanks, though, for the plug - you know you're a somebody when you get a mention in someone else's blog. I'm well chuffed now.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trying to contact you Chris to invite you to see our play... How can I do that?

2:18 PM  
Blogger Chris Boyd said...

Leave your email address or a contact number in a comment.

If you sign in when you leave your comment, you'll be able to delete it immediately. (The message is emailed to me as soon as you post it.)

If you post anonymously, you won't be able to delete it (I don't think)... but I'll do that within a few hours of you leaving it.

2:28 PM  
Anonymous Standing There said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cool blog. ur very unique and have quite a different outlook on things. coolio

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home