Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Blogging means never having to say you're sorry...

To me, blogging is never having to say: er, sorry I haven't posted, old chum! You get what you pay for, right? But, for once, I feel an explanation -- for the "dead air" -- is in order. But it would be more of an apologia than an apology... and the bottom line would be: I haven't abandoned blogging or this blog.

Let's just say there have been mighty good reasons for me not posting in the last two months, both technical and personal. And the demands on my time are likely to continue for the next few months at least. So, TMA might be kinda desultory for a while.

[No point hitting 'read more..." on this occasion -- there's nothing extra unless someone has commented!]

7 Comments:

Blogger Alison Croggon said...

Just as long as intention is there, Chris! Good luck, take care, and see you in a foyer soon.

9:33 AM  
OpenID neandellus said...

Thanks for the reassurance. It's hard to know whether a blog is on-hold or abandoned for good ... clicking through can start to feel like wandering about an abandoned house.
Hoping to see you out and about soonish rather than laterish.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Chris Boyd said...

Thanks A & A. (Soundin' like a Rasta there!)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

I was very surprised to see you comment on my blog, and yes, I had wondered about the silence and had stopped dropping by for a while. Hope all is well. I might bump into you in real life now that I'm living in Melbourne.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Chris Boyd said...

I saw your L.A. Mama review (that Ben Rogan would have to be the hairiest maid since bearded ladies were de rigueur)

3:07 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

It's all La Mamas and Papas at the moment, isn't it.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Chris Boyd said...

Oh, yes. That's a "good get" as Geoffrey Milne would say... I've been trying to make a pun on Mama Mia (since it is, I suppose, Just Another Jukebox Musical) all week... but failed dismally.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home